Vision & Goals
The Georgia EMS Preparedness Foundation will become a leader in improving the standards and upgrading the quality of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in Georgia as well as being one of the most contributive institutions for setting the standards for EMS nationally.
This vision sees EMS as a highly responsible and most respected profession able to deliver complete and competent EMS. Complete and competent EMS is defined as success in procedures and programs that prevent injuries and saves more lives.
The Foundation’s goals:
- Develop programs utilizing core standards of training, service and professionalism which are without equal, leading to the highest standards obtainable to be made available to other EMS departments around the country;
- Train and educate both newly hired EMS personnel, but also veteran EMS professionals as well to deliver the highest standards of excellent service, competence and professionalism;
- Help keep the EMS profession up-to-date with the latest technology and methods in delivering EMS services;
- Obtain the necessary funding for EMS training, continuing education and technological improvements thereby increasing competence and effectiveness;
- Work with EMS departments to develop cost-effective accounting measures to ensure their financial success while maintaining the highest standards of training, service and professionalism.
The Foundation aims to:
- Instill a value in the quality of service and level of skill through Foundation programs that translate into the appropriate attitude for the job: a presence of mind that each EMS professional has had the necessary training, education, and the tools necessary to ensure that their job can be successfully accomplished;
- Work hand-in-hand with the EMS professional to teach new techniques and use new technology, and the ways in which these can be applied to particular situations; while also educating the EMS professional in discarding methods and technology that prove to be outdated or even detrimental;
- Develop a leadership program so that an EMS professional is willing to increase his or her value to the department and prepare for leadership positions;
- Instill within the EMS profession that the EMS professional is ready and willing to carry out his or her duties for the health and well-being of society at all times - beyond the main purpose of the profession in saving lives and preventing deaths and injuries while on duty;
- Institutionalize the concept that the duty of an EMS professional is not for self-gain or profit, but rather a duty to make communities healthier; the foundation is thus a charity organization implementing this attitude in sharing skills and training with participating EMS professionals.